MORE INCENTIVES FOR OWNERSHIP FOR THE 2022 SEASON!
The HBPA of Alberta Directors are excited to announce the following program to our eligible participants starting in 2022. The HBPA may amend the program from time to time.
The HBPA of Alberta will pay 40% or up to $5,000.00 whichever amount is less, on claims or purchases from a public sale made outside of Alberta. Claimed horses must not have ever ran in Alberta, and claim prices must be minimum $5,000 claim tag. In the event horses claimed or purchased in the US, the Canadian to US exchange will be treated as par.
The amount owing to the owner will be paid out equally (25%) over the horses first 4 starts. If the horse fails to get 4 starts over the course of Century’s Alberta race meets, it will receive the prorated rate. In the event the horse is claimed on any of the first 4 starts, the original owner will continue to receive their prorated amounts through the horse’s 4th start.
The owner must leave the horse’s papers in the Century Casinos Alberta race offices until the end of the 2022 Century Casino Alberta Racing Season, and to race the horse exclusively at Century Casino Alberta Race Tracks until the end of the 2022 season.
Repayment of all monies received for the horse will release the papers unless HRA or Century House Rules prohibits such release.
- Applicants must be an individual, corporation or a partnership;
• Horses must have been foaled in 2019 or before;
• If purchased at a sale, the sale must be a recognized public auction;
• Horses must be claimed/purchased for a minimum $5,000 to be eligible;
• A maximum of $5,000 is available per horse;
• Horses must have never started in Alberta as of opening day at Century Mile in 2022;
• Horses cannot be Alberta Bred;
• Horses must be claimed/purchased between the dates of September 12, 2021 and May 5, 2022. (Reminder that if claimed/purchased prior to Century Mile’s 2021 race season ending, horses must not start at the 2021 Century Mile race meet.)
• Horses are required to run only at Century Mile’s 2022 race meet;
• Horse must have at least one start at Century Mile’s 2022 Race Meet prior to June 15th, 2022 to be eligible
• Application Deadline is May 6th, 2022
- As this program is capped at $200,000 dollars, this is a first come first serve program. Owner can request an application with intent to buy/claim a horse up to 5 days prior to that horse’s race/sale date. Price and ownership must be submitted, in writing, with the “open” application. The horses’ name must be submitted within 5 days of purchase/claim to be approved.
In the event that the application isn’t completed at the end of the 5 days, the application becomes voided. In the event that the original applicant’s horse is to be replaced (career ending injury, death, or claimed), the owner has 10 business days to replace it or the application goes available to the public again. *Vet certificate required with death or career ending injury
- HBPA has the right to refuse any and all applications. Applicants accepts all other terms and conditions relating to the program, which may be amended from time to time.
Download the application here – Purchase/Claim Incentive Application 2022