THE HBPA OF ALBERTA ANNOUNCES ANOTHER NEW INCENTIVE FOR 2022!
The HBPA of Alberta Directors in agreement with CTHS of Alberta are excited to announce the following program to our eligible participants starting in 2022.
This program is open to an Alberta resident who have purchased in the sales ring at a recognized public auction outside of the Province of Alberta, a Thoroughbred mare in foal to a Thoroughbred stallion that will foal in 2022. The application can be obtained from the CTHS Alberta website: cthsalta.com. All applications to be sent to CTHS at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purchase price of the mare must be $5,000 or more. For the purposes of this program, purchases in US Funds will be considered at par, i.e., $1 USO= $1 CND. A reimbursement of 40% of the hammer price paid (not including any sales taxes), to a maximum of $5,000(CDN) is available to a qualified purchaser who meets the following conditions:
•Applicants must be an individual, corporation or a partnership;
•If an individual, the Applicant must have been resident in Alberta for at least one year prior to the date of the purchase of the mare;
•If a partnership, all partners must be individuals that have been resident in Alberta for at least one year prior to the date of the purchase of the mare;
•Mares must be purchased in a sales ring at a recognized public auction held outside of Alberta. Mares who do not reach their reserve price or for which no bid is received, do not qualify;
•All mares purchased must have ownership transferred directly from the sales company to Applicant and/or Applicants (no third-party transfers of ownership in part or whole with the exception of using an agent). If an Agent is used to purchase the mare, proof of formal appointment of the agent must be provided.
•The mare cannot be over 12 years old at the time of the purchase;
•The mare must foal in Alberta in 2022 and be bred to a Thoroughbred stallion standing in Alberta during the 2022 breeding season;
• Applicants must be the registered breeders of the foal produced by the purchased mare. No added or deleted breeders;
• If a mare aborts or otherwise loses her foal, the Applicant will still qualify if the mare was confirmed in foal at the time of the purchase and is bred to a Thoroughbred stallion standing in Alberta during the 2022 breeding season. (A veterinary certificate will be required confirming that the mare was in foal at the time of the purchase);
• If the mare did not conceive when bred to a Thoroughbred stallion standing in Alberta during the 2022 breeding season, proof will be required that the mare was bred during at least two (2) estrous cycles. An attestation that this requirement has been met will be required from the Stallion Owner or Stallion Manager.
• The application deadline for the 2021-2022 mare purchase rebate will be July 1, 2022 with the approved rebate being paid to successful applicants by July 31, 2022. Since This program is limited to $100,000, there is a limit of 2 applications per individual, corporation or a partnership. In the event that the program is oversubscribed, 1 application per individual, corporation or partnership will be given priority before the 2nd application will be considered.
• IMPORTANT: The Applicant accepts all other terms and conditions relating to the program, which may be amended from time to time, including the right to public disclosure.